These Vegan Chocolate Almond Macaroons were inspired from those longing urges I experienced, while living in France. Those days of my wishing I could somehow partake in those delectable French pastries. So I got creative and found a way to make them myself without the ingredients my vegan lifestyle doesn’t allow. So these are gluten free, soy free, dairy free, egg free, with no baking soda / powder.
1 cup of coconut flower
1 cup of almond meal
1/3 cup of oil (I used sunflower)
2 flax eggs ( 2 tablespoons of flax meal + 4 tbsp of hot water)
1/4 tsp of Himalayen salt
1 1/2 tbsp of cacao
1/2 cup of brown sugar
Yields 12 medium or 24 small Macaroons
* Preheat oven to about 190°C / 375°F
* Mix coconut flour, cacao and almond flour.
* In another bowl mix the flax egg, oil, sugar and salt until well mixed.
* Add the dry ingredients slowly into the liquid mix. Fold with spatula until the dry ingredients become a dough.
* Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
* Make individual balls of dough and place them onto the baking sheet. You can press the dough a little with your fingers to make the macaroons a bit wider if you’d like.
* Bake about 15 – 20 minutes.
* Take out from the oven and let it cool on the cookie sheet. If touched before cooled, the cookies might seems a bit soft and may crumble. So it’s best to allow them to cool so that they can harden a bit on the outside, while remaining chewy on the inside.
These Vegan Chocolate Almond Macaroons will go great with a hot cup of tea or a nice tall glass of fresh almond milk.
Please remember to stay connected and join the conversation as well as continue to stay in the know of any upcoming events, vegan news and updates.
As always, Stay Well and Think Green,